Posted on: 21/01/2021.
We are excited to announce that nominations for the 2021 Africa Evidence Leadership Award are now open! All Network members working in evidence-informed decision-making are eligible to be nominated for the award. Launched in 2018, the Africa Evidence Leadership Award works on a nomination basis and is awarded annually. The purpose of the award is to:
- Increase awareness of evidence-informed decision-making (EIDM) in Africa;
- Raise the status of evidence amongst decision-makers in Africa; and
- Showcase the status of Africa in EIDM discussions by recognising impactful, insightful, effective, and/or innovative work that supports EIDM in Africa.
|The 2021 AELA winner will receive:
- A space in the biennial EVIDENCE programme to deliver a keynote address on their work,
- Registration, economy return flights from an African country of residence, and accommodation while attending the biennial EVIDENCE event taking place in 2022 (situation permitting)
- Up to USD1500 travel grant towards attending a high-profile course or event on EIDM
- A token of recognition presented at the next EVIDENCE in-person event
|SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION NOW
You only have until 12 February to complete a nomination form and confirmation form to put forward your favourite evidence champion in Africa to join previous award winners such as Frejus Thoto (Benin), Mapula Tshangela (South Africa), and Velia Manyonga (Malawi).
For a full description of the eligibility criteria and assessment process, visit the Africa Evidence Leadership Award page on our EIDM hub.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
the AEN secretariat.