Posted: October 16, 2023:
The African Evaluation Association (AfrEA), in partnership with the Rwanda Monitoring and Evaluation Organization (RMEO), is pleased to announce the call for abstracts for its 11th International Conference, which will be held from 18-22 March, 2024 in Kigali, Rwanda
The theme of the conference is: “Technology and innovation in Evaluation Practice in Africa: The Last Nail on the Coffin of Participatory Approaches? “
We welcome abstracts on a wide range of topics, including:
- Career Development in M&E training – How can we cope with the digital revolution?
- Artificial intelligence and evaluation; are we experiencing a revolution on how we evaluate?
- Made in Africa Theories and Practices: What can we contribute to the international discourse?
- Evidence generation, use and application in African political governance systems.
- Climate Change, Agriculture, and sustainable Environment management.
- Gender, equity, and inclusion in evaluation.
- Indigenous Evaluation and Ethics: Recalibrating the Made in Africa Evaluation in the Context of the Decolonization Debate.
- Youth and Evaluation for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Africa.
- Becoming Catalysts: Young and Emerging Evaluators as Agents.
- Decolonizing evaluation in Africa in the Post Crisis Era.
- International conflicts and evaluation: what are the implications?
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance: new perspectives to inform African Evaluation Theory and Practice
Abstract submissions should be no more than 300 words and should include the following:
- Title of the paper, clearly indicating it as is on the paper presentation
- Name/s, title/s and institutional affiliation/s of author
- Name and title of presenting author
- Email and telephone contact details of presenting author
- A 300 to 500 words abstract must be included and contain information on the context, overview of the content of the presentation and a summary of the results and conclusions that will be presented
- Abstracts must be submitted on the AfrEA conference website.
- Abstracts that are accepted will be included in the conference programme as they stand, and authors are required to ensure that they are adequately proof-read before submission
Online Abstract Submission Opens on 15 October, 2023
Submission deadline for abstracts:
Abstracts should be submitted electronically no later than 15 December 2023 at 23hrs 59GMT
Notification of acceptance of abstracts:
All applications will be informed whether their abstracts have been selected for the conference by 15 January 2024.
The deadline for receipt of full papers:
AfrEA needs to receive all full papers no later than 15 February 2024 at 17hrs 00 GMT
Please submit your abstracts to: http://www-eur.cvent.com/c/abstracts/1e1b5f2f-9a38-43bd-b582-807e2528a007
For more information, kindly visit our official website www.afrea.org / https://afrea.org/conference/
We look forward to receiving your abstracts and seeing you at the AfrEA 11th International Conference!
The AfrEA 11th International Conference Organizing Committee