Student evaluation case competitions are an excellent mechanism for developing evaluation capacity. They give students a hands-on experience with evaluation of a program or policy. This practical experience increases their understanding of the importance of evaluation and, in some cases, may be the starting point for a professional career in our discipline.
A pilot World Evaluation Case Competition was held last year with student teams from Chile, Czechia, England, Germany and Mexico. It was a highly successful event with positive feedback from the students, their coaches, the judging panel and the international advisory board.
For 2019, the competition is open to teams from all countries in the world.
How does the Competition work? Working in their home country, each student team has six to eight hours to prepare a written analysis of an evaluation case. It is submitted by email for judging by an international panel of evaluation experts. There is a full description of the Competition at www.worldcasecomp.one.
How can you help increase awareness of the Competition in your country?
- Announce the Competition in your VOPE’s newsletter
- Share this email with members of your Board
- Send an email to all members of your VOPE
- Consider producing a translation of the poster in the language most used in your country
- Send an announcement to all universities in your country
- Announce the competition on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Follow on Twitter @WorldCaseCompand retweet + like J
- Arrange that the poster be displayed at any national or regional evaluation conference
We would be most grateful if you would read through the attachments and join us in promoting the 2019 event.