Data Management and analysis for M&E using EXCEL and SPSS
Date held: Thu 29th November 2018
Time: 2:00PM – 4:00PM
Venue: Uganda Management Institute
Presenter: Vincent Ssenyondo
PRESENTATION OUTLINE: MS EXCEL.
- Introduction to data management.
- Types of data.
- Data Entry screens and data Validation.
- Conditional formatting in Excel.
- Data transformation and Excel advanced formula.
- Use of the VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions.
- PIVOT Tables.
- Data security for M&E.
SPSS PRESENTATION OUTLINE.
- Descriptive statistics
- Data coding.
- Regression Analysis.
- Correlation analysis.
- Association tests (chi-square tests)
- Analysis of quantitative variables – Comparing means by different categories)
- Tests for differences (One sample T-test, paired sample t tests, independent sample t-tests, Anova tests).
VICENT SSENYONDO: SHORT PROFILE.
Vicent is a researcher, statistician and an M&E officer and an Executive member of the UEA. He has worked with a number of NGOs and research firms specializing in the area of data management and analysis. He is a research associate with a number of consultancy firms, and he has developed, facilitated and delivered various trainings in the area of Monitoring and Evaluation and Data management and Analysis using various statistical software.
He is a trainer of trainers in different statistical packages and applications. He is a Executive Member of the Uganda Evaluation Association and one of the coordinators for NGOs, CSOs and the Young and Emerging Evaluators (YEEs). He is currently finalizing his Masters in M&E at UMI (Uganda Management Institute).
NB: For those that are able to carry laptops, it will be a practical session.