Uganda Evaluation Association (UEA) in partnership with Uganda Technology And Management University (UTAMU) invites you for the National Evaluation Talk (NET) slated for Thursday, 26th July, 2018 at Uganda Technology and Management University (UTAMU) starting at 2:00PM
TOPIC: COMPUTER ASSISTED QUALITATIVE DATA ANALYSIS SOFTWARE (CAQDAS) IN RESEARCH AND EVALUATION. A FOCUS ON ATLAS.TI AND NVIVO
- Background of CAQDAS.
- Types of CAQDAS.
- Rationale for selection of any CAQDAS.
- Who uses CAQDAS?
- Benefits of CAQDAS over Conventional qualitative analysis methods.
- Basic functions of CAQDAS (Atlas.ti and Nvivo).
- Data Visualization in CAQDAS (Atlas.ti and Nvivo).
- Participants will appreciate the ever changing data management environment in Research and evaluation.
- Participants will be ignited to enroll for CADQAS training whenever called upon.
- Participants will understand the different philosophical underpinnings of qualitative research and evaluation.
PRESENTER: BYENKYA JOSHUA
YEE-Ug Vice Chairperson
Co-Founder Evaluation Partners Ltd.
ABOUT BYENKYA JOSHUA
Joshua is the Executive Director of Evaluation Partners a Research and Evaluation Consultancy firm based in Bukoto Kampala. He is also a Research Officer and Writer with Women’s Hospital International and Fertility Centre, (WHFC) in Bukoto Kampala. An Associate Consultant with Maarifa Consult. He has developed, facilitated and delivered trainings in research, M&E, qualitative data analysis with Atlas.ti among others with various individuals and organizations.
He is a member of the Uganda Evaluation Association (UEA) and currently the Vice-chairperson of the Young and Emerging Evaluators (YEEs) Programme of the UEA. Currently a graduate student of UTAMU in his final year pursuing a Masters in Monitoring and evaluation.
See you there
Uganda Evaluation Association