Memorandum of Understanding between UEA and UMI in the Offing
The Uganda Evaluation Association Secretariat is currently located in Uganda Management Institute (UMI), Administration Block, C5. This space was offered by UMI with an aim of supporting UEA in strengthening skills, knowledge, ethical standards and competence of evaluators in Uganda.
On the 23rd of August 2016, a meeting was held between UMI and UEA to discuss modalities of concretizing the collaboration between the two institutions.
It was agreed that a five year Memorandum of Understanding between UEA and UMI shall be prepared and implemented in line with the UMI Partnership Principles. Key areas of collaboration shall include:;
- Developing a Practioners Evaluation Journal
- Support Young and Emerging Evaluators (YEEs)
- Creating a linkage with government to support evaluations
- Automating information sharing between UMI and UEA websites
- Publicity of courses at UMI to enhance applications by UEA members and other stakeholders
- Visiting Practitioners to UMI Students from UEA
- Evaluation Talks in Kampala and in other parts of the country
- Link UMI graduates to organizations that can offer internship opportunities or exposure to the M&E practice
- Research and Peer Review
- Organization of Conferences
- Office space and space for other UEA events